Wednesday 20 July 2011

Spoof Poster

So I was walking along the other day, and I see an Ecstasy, Face Facts poster at a bus stop. It tells me that my Ecstasy is made using drain cleaner, battery acid and even hair bleach! Sacrebleu! I didn't think that my dealer was trying to kill me!
Then I thought, what about pharma companies? They have almost always been shown to be more insidious than street drug dealers in their tactics to gain and keep customers, do they even use the same chemicals to produce their drugs?
The answer I (eventually) found was yes, in fact, they do.
While pharmaceutical companies are less than likely about to post recipes on how to cook up Zoloft or Paxil at home, I found a short article on decreasing the ecological impact of manufacturing the drug Zoloft (Sertraline), which listed a number of chemicals required for the creation of this drug. These were namely HCl (or hydrochloric acid), NaOH (lye), Titanium Tetrachloride (a volatile metal Halide) and Palladium.
"NaOH is used in drain cleaner!" I shouted. "HCl is an acid that is incredibly toxic and used as a household cleaner! Isn't Titanium a heavy metal?"
So I made this poster, and I'll probably make more
I have tried to replicate the original Ecstasy. Face Facts poster as closely as possible with a few minor tweaks so I can't get into too much trouble.
edit: 
I modified this to look a bit more gritty and so that the catch stands out a bit more. I just added a couple of layers of green and blue around the edges and a layer of light blue fog to burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment