Saturday 24 August 2013

Simple Nodes with openFrameworks

I made a small, simple node system in openFrameworks today.
Its essentially just an array of ofNode objects, with lines in between them, randomly placed on screen.
Next I'll try creating my own node class, and add some animation.

EDIT:
I finished animating it. Unfortunately the openFrameworks ofNode class doesnt have an inbuilt velocity or acceleration. So I built my own in by making 3 arrays the same size as the number of nodes, filling the arrays with random values between -0.1 and 0.1 and then ofNode.move(); ing them using those values.
Not the most elegant solution, but hey... It works.
Next I think I will Perlin the shit out of their movement.


First video of animation

Second video of animation

No comments:

Post a Comment