Friday 1 May 2015

Changed major video work

The work that I was previously doing for "Creative Possibilities in Video" was a work inspired by the book Flatland and Don Hertzfeld's "Rejected" animations, however... I'm not doing that anymore.

The reasoning behind this is that in my spare time, I've been making some music videos using software that I've written for a jazz musician called John Mackey. I now feel like these works are becoming some of my stronger works for the year and so rather than continue in an uphill battle pushing a time consuming animation project, I decided to pivot and change the project to be on these works.

A sample of one of these works:

.

Unfortunately Vimeo doesn't allow me to upload any more of these yet. So I am going to upload them at a rate of 1-2 per week.

Soon I will also publish a short demonstration of how I have been using this software to create things and some of the common tweaks to the source that I've done during the production of these kind of works.

Also an interview with John Mackey about the other half of these works will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment